Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Today, the sun's shining.......

OK...I surrender!....here's another post.... (by the way, I enjoy poking Puppy :-) )

As it says in the titley bit, today is quite pleasant. I had pleasure of a visit from my hubby over the weekend. This has cheered me up no end and shaken me from what I assume was depression - I know that I felt like staying in bed, not talking to anybody and just generally feeling so underwhelmed by everything and unable to get motivated in many of my pet projects.

The one thing that has kept me sane during this period, is my car. Now to most people a car is a means of getting from A to B. I wouldn't know. I can get lost in a carpark and as such tend to visit W, O and possibly F in my efforts to reach my destination, but end up (usually) enjoying myself.

My car is a venerable old lady of 1979 vintage, which I have been rebuilding
off and on over the past ten years or so. She's a Mini Clubman Saloon and is an automatic. Within the past month or so, I've been able to get her back on the road and with the co-driving abilities of April (who holds a full driving licence - useful that as I don't) we planned a visit to the Ace Cafe. Due to the age of my (t)rusty little steed, she requires a lead replacement additive in her petrol, of which there are a few available but only some that are recommended. Soooo we went out to look for some........ and look........ and look. Eventually trying a localish branch of 'Hellfrauds' with no joy, we were given directions to somewhere else...which turned out to be a Sainsbury's Supermarket and filling station. By now I'm feeling somewhat hot and bothered, and I must have communicated this onto Vanessa (my car's name) as upon arrival, she decided to do a passable imitation of an industrial chicken broiler and throw most of the contents of her cooling system over the forecourt. Following this little mishap, I can't say that I can recommend filling stations as being a particularly pleasant spot for having a picnic.

Eventually we got home, sorted out a fix for the cooling and smoothed out a few feathers. April went out and got hold of some of the elusive additive, then we had lunch and followed that with some more tinkering. Then we were ready for the off............


...to be continued


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

got piccys? hehehe

7:41 AM  
Blogger Kat Maul said...

I might have ;-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

It's a cute car even without the piccies. Had a sort of vintage Mercedes once. When it rained a river formed on the passenger side. Jax swears she once saw a fish swim by. Old cars are the best.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me 4d

11:38 PM  
Blogger Kat Maul said...

When I work out how to post pics - I'll put some up....'til then you'll have to be content with my randomness...

...if you'er a fish, why are you posting as a dog - or are you a dogfish? ;-)

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

imma mudpuppy puttin in piccys is easy u go were u post a new post n theres a little piccy piccy u click on that n follow tha wpt it says

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

n wot is says 2

12:09 AM  
Blogger Kat Maul said...

Ta Puppy.....I'm poo at 'pooter stuff!

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home