Thursday, July 27, 2006

Turn Left!..... No Rig... Hang on a sec.....

Wow!... went out with Donna to meet "Four Dinners". I found out about this invite via a friend who was helping me trying to put parts back on my car faster than they fall off. He'd returned from a fruitless hunt for a particular tool, and passed on a somewhat garbled message from Donna who was indoors at my place. Normally I'd have gone and asked her what the message was, but seeing as my "Tree House" is 120 feet up in the air..........


So, having found directions from the interwebmail cyberhighwaynet (you think that's confusing?
) we set off. Having eventually driven for a good while, we ended up at where we thought we should be - 'cepting it wasn't ..... and the place we should be at wasn't there either, but oddly enough we did find a jet engine in someone's garden - which was nice.

Donna then phones "Mr Dinners", we pile back in the car, and we're off again. We spot all the landmarks we were told to watch out for........ and end up lost again. Well not exactly lost, but still in a different place. Phone time again, more directions, and success! Hooray the evening can now begin, we're to follow to the Pub "Don't worry, I'll not go fast" we're told.....errrrmmmmm, now there's something about following somebody who knows where they're going, and that is they have an inkling of the roads. Add to that we were in a larger heavier car, and it made the short but entertaining journey "interesting".

We settled down to a few drinks, and chatted. Soon all awkwardness seemed to evaporate and there followed very pleasant and enjoyable evening with a very entertaining and amusing man, not until the bell went did we realise how long we'd been there. We're to follow Four Dinners to get us on the road to home. A quick "chase" to get us on the route, and then that was it . The evening was done.

Four Dinners - I thank you

10 Comments:

Blogger Camie Vog said...

Nice to blog meet you! A friend of Dinners is always welcome at my place. I look forward to your future posts.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

n u lived 2 tell a tale

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does he get the beer in?

6:56 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

London Pride actually. There's me on poncey lager n the girls knockin' back the Pride! I was on me best behaviour mind you. Next sesh n we'll leave the cars at home n have a real good 'n.

Well enjoyed! Kat's got a nice tat n all Camie.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Kat Maul said...

Yes RD..... he did get them in..... a gentleman is our Dinners!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

post more stuff

7:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ar, but you won't find me on that poncy stuff, I was downing the ceidre ... cydu... that apple based thing (hic!)

12:46 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

I know cats like sleepin' Kat but come on. Post some'at. Yer've a whole new fan club out here yer know. I'll even announce yer next post on me blog so pup n RD n Camie know....

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i alwasy look everywere everyday 4d so i will no i will poke n poke n poke til thay leave 1 even if it says stfu ;o)

9:46 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Pup'll poke yer if yer don't post!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home